Published: in Prizes and Awards
This studentship enables scientists with degrees in pharmacology or related disciplines to carry out research in pharmacology leading to a PhD. Winners will receive around £100,000 over three years. One studentship is awarded each year and is fully funded by the Society.
- Year 1 – £18,527 in London and £16,364 elsewhere;
- Year 2 – £19,489 in London and £17,339 elsewhere;
- Year 3 – £20,432 in London and £18,294 elsewhere.
- Research costs - £10,000 per year;
- Up to £1,000 per year to support attendance at non-Society meetings;
- Course fees paid at the rate applicable to UK students.
- The candidate will have a degree in pharmacology or a related discipline and be intending to carry out research in pharmacology leading to the degree of PhD in a recognised department in the UK or Ireland
- The primary supervisor must be a Society member of at least 3 years' standing
- The student will have been involved in the preparation of the project proposal
- The Society is committed to increasing the diversity of its award recipients. Excellent candidates are encouraged to apply, especially those from under-represented groups
The deadline to apply for the 2024 award is 31 October 2023. Please complete the application form before applying below.